Monday, April 1, 2013

DOT-1 April Fool's Day, Bud's Birthday

Good Morning,


The first of April is the day we remember what we are
the other 364 days of the year.

                                                           ~ Mark Twain


My Father's 95th Birthday is today.
He was crushed to find out he didn't qualify as a donor.

Here we are a few years ago

 My new appendage for next 30 days. A battery driven pump metering and dispensing  Tacrolimus straight into my Vena Cava.  I fear a love/hate relationship may be impending. Immunosuppressant.





Laurie's Stem Cells Get Harvested today, and as promised she will be presenting this process from a 
donor's  perspective in some upcoming posts.





Soundtrack on the next page.  Thanks to all you pay pals, parking is almost covered!




Soundtrack
Nat King Cole and Johnny Mercer
This is one of the songs I learned at my father's knee.

He tells a story about a Mr. Jones coming to our house on Overhill Road in Shoreham NY when I was 4 years old or so.


I answered the door, and he said "Hello, I am Mr. Jones, is your father home?"
I responded   "Mr. Jones!, We save our bones for you".

I have no recall of this happening, although my memories of the House on Overhill are vivid. Ed Barnhart lived next down the hill towards the store at Pooh Corner, and The Lone Pine was down the hill on the other side.

Here are some other songs I was exposed to around the same time by both my parents, their peers, and the younger bachelor set they were chummy with.  My parents would not follow popular music into the post Elvis era, save for some Broadway Show tunes.

Hey Bop a Rebop

Three Bears

Shanty in Old Shanty Town

Sleep Kentucky Babe

Hurry On Down Nellie Lutcher

Darktown Strutter's Ball

More later today or tomorrow...

cap'n chris





4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Bud. I remember you playing a tape? of Bud singing one of the songs he wrote. Very smooth, very smooth. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugh Blackwell01 April, 2013 12:48

    Happy 95th irthday, Mr. Siegel. Would love to hear your vocals. Chris bestowed on me the honor of playing your composition "So Little Time" with him in Beaufort. Made me think a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to get it posted here or on you tube- the chemo fog is making it a bit hard to navigate the web just now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your pops.....hope he has many more!!!

    ReplyDelete