Friday, March 22, 2013

Preparations for the Transplant


Among all the other things on my list was a visit to Carol at Dockside Haircuts  located in the front room of
the Coastal Community Market. in Beaufort.

I wanted to have my precursor to chemo buzz cut.

Carol took me from here


TO



In no time flat
WITH
usually used for Topiary
Like This


Good Fences Make Good Neighbors
Soundtrack ! CSN&Y 1970 flashback alert.

More pix after the jump


New address for the next 100 days .

100 Eatondale Road
Apt. 104
Durham, NC 27704



Once again, the way it works at Duke is you have to be there for  100 days or more. 

They have an arrangement with an outfit that has ground floor, barrier free apartments within 10 minutes of the hospital. There is a discounted rate for transplantees, and they are clean, new apartments. You know the kind of place. This one is called  North Pointe   and is gated.

 Was it George Carlin who said 
 "I was excited about going to Heaven until I found out it was a gated community" ?


They are sometimes facetiously referred to as Yuppie Tenaments but hey, I am looking forward to a decent place to lay my head whilst undergoing the BMT. So with the help of BCBSNC we are renting  a unit, furnished, a mere 6 minutes from the Hospital, and just over the fence from 

THE AISLES OF PLENTY  

and quite far from the other Isles of Plenty


And we will  have to pass by 

 on the way back and forth to 


and



more tomorrow

Chris














7 comments:

  1. so good. that's what barbers use on Joshua, too! except here in Germany, it's usually a Turkish guy who uses a straight razor for a clean shave. and then they use a q-tip dipped in orange oil and lit on fire to burn any errant hairs from his ears. (J has asked me to do this for him but I refuse). thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You “crack” me up!  Love the topiary pict.  

    We’re off to Ocracoke to celebrate Annie B’s BD today but you’ll be in our neverending thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to miss the ferry proving I'm "not a robot" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your illustrated journey is a delight, as is your own topiary cut. You gotta nice-a shape-a head-a!

    I am celebrating my co-birthday with Annie today, only I am heading to the Aquarium with my daughter and family that you met the other night. How the devil did I make it to 66?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stuff on the Chronicle! Sounds like you're all battened down, dogged water tight, sea anchor ready to deploy etc. Probably just a storm tri sail or even scudding under bare poles for a while with a small rag showing forward. You're in my thoughts, Pal. Standing by for more status reports, updates on local conditions etc. HUGE HUGZZZ to you and Annie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye Stan,

      On Monday they haul me out to yank my through hull , and put in a seachest, with three take-offs/feeds.

      Then it's heave to and hang on.
      Saltines and ginger ale weather a-comin.

      c

      Delete