Sunday, March 24, 2013

Moving Day


Just a quickie this morning...got to get underway.

And a newsflash:

My Sainted Sister Laurie will be posting right here, the Transplant from the Donors' Perspective.
Keep an eye on your mailbox.

A two version comparison Soundtrack for you today, plus a rerun appropriate for  Sunday Morning, just below the fold.


Charlie Pooles' Version,

and

The Holy Modal Rounders cover.


Ah, there's no way like under way!
And there's nowhere like underwear.

Just kidding, we are travelling light.

Favorite omlette pan, cast iron skillet and wok.  Contents of fridge in coolers. Spices. Dry goods and sundries. 

Minimal threads,  ER Bob gave me a pile of scrubs to wear as Camo  in the hospital. 

New white plimsoles.

Instruments and tunes.



Some favorite artwork so we will feel at home.

Mail forwarded.

House sitting arranged.


This will be the furthest inland we have ever lived.
35.9939° N, 78.8989° W
397 ft.above sea level.

200  miles away.

3hrs.30 min., but it really takes 4, because the Google Maps Algorithm doesn't have to stop and pee.

Remember the explanation of the  Transplant Countdown from March 12th?

this one, in case you missed it or got here late.
my-sister-is-match-countdown-starts

Here is the soundtrack again too, Amazing Grace/Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins.
 From the  Byrds  Ballad of Easy Rider Album, 1969

Click here.





Time is now measured in NASA-speak, backwards from T minus Zero

Today is T-10, or Day of Transplant minus 10:  

So today is Dot -10. 
T minus 10 and counting.

Chris

4 comments:

  1. Chris and Annie, welcome home. call me for anything, anytime. Need help moving in? I'm in Raleigh. My number is 919-818-9113. Daughter Catherine, you remember playing music with her, asked me to give you her number, too--919-434-1662. She lives in downtown Durham and has a car! love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, Yes I remember your daughter. Didn't she have a Musical Saw? We jammed one night on Gordon Street. Downtown and a car!. Sounds uptown to me.

      After I get through the first 30 days I hope to host a weekly acoustic jam for instrumental music, unless you think you can sing through a mask. I brought my guitar, fiddle and mando, and as a last thought I threw in the baritone uke
      (nylon)

      Delete
  2. Hugh Blackwell27 March, 2013 11:06

    Chris and Annie, we have never moved that light... couldn't without good friends like you, don't you know. I see you do have essentials: mandolin, guitar, fiddle. Do you have your Bose CD player with you? Wish I could be there for a Jam, sans germs, of course. With Susan, would be like the Stardust w/o the view.
    Hugh & Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Horace Silver! I'm looking forward to your being able to have visitors. The Bahamas were great. I hope you're getting settled in ok and are comfortable. "Comfortable? Eh! I make a living" said the old Jewish man when asked by the flight attendant. Best to Annie. Looking forward to the next installments. Robbie

    ReplyDelete